- Creepy atmosphere, enemies and "soundtrack"
- Shadowplay and character models look pretty good for
- Puzzles are challenging but not frustrating
- Combat is fun and easy...
- ...Perhaps too easy, it kills a lot of the scares
- You could practically finish the game in one day
Packaging Score: B-
The game may not be as scary as I remember, but that doesn't mean it's not scary, some of ghosts like the girl with the broken neck are the stuff of nightmares! Three and a half screaming Monroes.
This is a bit hard to gauge, while the game can be legitimately scary and ghosts are usually the amongst the traditional Halloween creatures these aren't really your common specters and neither is the Japanese mansion for that matter, however, if you're the type of person who watches movies like the Ringu (the original Japanese version) during Halloween, then this is probably the game for you, two and a half Jack O' Lanterns.